Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ok, so this is my first attempt at blogging. It started because I wanted a way to share my "repurposed" plastic grocery bags. I was looking for a bit of an income to help pay my daughter's homeschool curriculum costs and it has led to this.


I enlisted my family's help in finding a name/title to fit me the best. So...I do use fabric for purses that is repurposed, I am a fervent recycler of anything and right now especially of used plastic grocery bags. 


But as we were thinking...I AM REPURPOSED IN CHRIST. I am not the same. I am a new creature made and perfected through Jesus. Hebrews 10:14 tells me, "For by a single offering He has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified."


So here you have the Repurposed Woman. Certainly not a woman who has everything together, but through the help of the Lord, I am growing. I look forward to others' input as I share my life growing in the Lord, recycling and creating bags and other things by using repurposed fabrics and bags and who knows what else may come across my path.


I think as a follower of Christ I have a responsibility to care for the earth He has given us. I strive not to be wasteful and to be a good steward of all that has been given me. Perhaps you have ways to live our lives better, using and not wasting. 





 Here are some of the market type bags that I have made from recycled plastic grocery bags. They are samples of what I make. I do sell them so let me know if anyone is interested.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great blog site honey...I'm so proud of you. You are going to be blessed abundantly as you use this site to magnify the Lord and exhibit all kinds of things on it that He has given you the gifts and abilities to produce. To God be the glory!! Have fun with it and know that I'm your biggest fan. Your hubby...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new blog! I love your bags, too!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete